In This Issue...
- A Theology of Humor by Cheryl Taylor
- Ministering With Humor by Stephanie Nance
- Christian Leaders Having Fun? by Pam Morton with Kathy Jingling
- The Health Benefits of Humor and Laughter by Dwenda Gjerdingen, MD, MS
Women in Ministry - December 2005 Issue
A Season for Reflection
“All I want for Christmas…” is five minutes of peace and quiet! Have you ever felt this way? The hustle and bustle of packed shopping malls with no parking spaces, elaborate meals to prepare and goodies to bake, countless gifts to buy and wrap, and visits to see loved ones can be an extra strain on any schedule.
While Christmas is a busy season for most women, for women in ministry it can be especially so. On top of all the regular holiday activities, it’s also one of the busiest times within the church. If we’re not careful, our efforts to make the most of this meaningful season can actually cause us to lose focus in our own hearts on the reason for the season. God’s gift to us, Jesus Christ, actually gets lost in the season, and we fail to experience Him personally.
This issue provides reflection opportunities for busy women in ministry. It is our prayer that you will make a few minutes—somewhere—to stop and bask in God’s goodness during this season for reflection.
Included in this issue:
Seasonal thoughts to ponder…
- Article: Ten Timeless Christmas Traditions by Bill and Nancie Carmichael
- Article: Beholding the Lord, by Madam Guyon
- Devotions: Three Seasonal Reflections, by Joni-Eareckson-Tada.
- Carol: A Christmas Carol, by Christina Rossetti
Seasonal image to ponder…
- Picture: Kissing the Face of God, by Morgan Weistling
- Enrichment –a quarterly journal dedicated to enriching and encouraging ministers
- Woman’s Touch – an inspirational magazine for women, available in regular and leader editions
Receive Email of Site Updates!
We can notify you by email whenever new items are added to our site, such as theme-related material, upcoming conferences and events, inspirational books and resources, and other items of interest to women in ministry? Click here to subscribe.