In This Issue...
- A Theology of Humor by Cheryl Taylor
- Ministering With Humor by Stephanie Nance
- Christian Leaders Having Fun? by Pam Morton with Kathy Jingling
- The Health Benefits of Humor and Laughter by Dwenda Gjerdingen, MD, MS
Women in Ministry - Sept 2009 Issue
Transitions — When Life Happens
Transition is the rite of passage between the changes in our lives. It is a journey that God uses to prune us and deepen our walk with Him. In this issue, women of courage share their stories of transition and how God helped them through. These transitions are described with words such as "unexpected," a "spiraling state of affairs", "the unknown," and "disorder" when structure is the desired course. Yet, in the transition are words of commitment to weather the storm, the need for flexibility, and an enduring trust in God's Word and His faithfulness. It is accepting that the steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord and discovering that the transitions in our lives are pivotal in ministry.
Included in this issue:
- "Embracing Transitions" by Vicki Farina
- "Finding Meaning in Moving Furniture" by Dr. Beth Grant
- "When Ministry Landscape Changes: My Story" by Janie Wead
- "On the Cliff's Edge: Coping with Crisis in Faith" by Dr. Peggy Wobbema
- "Ministry Transition: An Interview with Sandi Bradford"
- "Embrace Life's Seasons: An Interview with Peggy Musgrove"