In This Issue...
- A Theology of Humor by Cheryl Taylor
- Ministering With Humor by Stephanie Nance
- Christian Leaders Having Fun? by Pam Morton with Kathy Jingling
- The Health Benefits of Humor and Laughter by Dwenda Gjerdingen, MD, MS
Women in Ministry - Nov 2010
A Thankful Heart
In Luke 17:11-19, the story is told of ten lepers who cried out to Jesus to heal them. The story goes on to tell that while all ten were healed, only one returned to Jesus with a heart of thankfulness for what He had done. When Jesus touches your life, are you one who returns to thank the Lord for His touch?
Developing a heart of thanksgiving is vital to our faithand ministry. Can we, along with the Psalmist, declare, "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues to all generations" (Psalm 100:4,5, NIV).
During this holiday season, let us take time to declare that truly the Lord has done great things this year — let us lift up our hands and our hearts and give Him thanks!
(Español - Vea algunos de estos artículos en Español.)
Included in this issue:
- "Let Us Give Thanks: The Example of Jesus" by Dr. April Westbrook
- "Growing Gratitude in the Soil of Adversity" by Judi Braddy
- "Gratitude: Just What the Doctor Ordered" by Sandi Bradford and Julianne Nelson
- "A Thanksgiving Reflection for You, Your Class, or Your Church" by Jennifer Gale
- Rise Up and Sing: Equipping the Female Worship Leader by Lex Buckley