In This Issue...
- A Theology of Humor by Cheryl Taylor
- Ministering With Humor by Stephanie Nance
- Christian Leaders Having Fun? by Pam Morton with Kathy Jingling
- The Health Benefits of Humor and Laughter by Dwenda Gjerdingen, MD, MS
Women in Ministry
Refocusing on the Cross
Throughout the Scriptures, a blood sacrifice was essential for the forgiveness of sin. The Old Testament set the stage for the coming of Christ in the New Testament and His sacrifice for all our sins. In his letters, the apostle Paul emphasized the centrality of the Cross to our salvation and the resurrection of Christ for our living victoriously.
In this issue, we focus on the sacrifice of Jesus at Calvary as we all prepare our hearts for the Easter season. Take the time over the next few weeks to refocus and reflect on what Christ has not only purchased for you, but of the love that took Him to the Cross for you and for those you touch in ministry.
(Español - Vea algunos de estos artículos en Español.)
Included in this issue:
- "In Sight of the Cross" by Lori O'Dea
- "When Words Seem Inadequate" by Peggy Jo Wobbema
- "Mary Magdalene: Follower of Jesus" by Sandi Bradford
- "Wounded But Made Whole: A Testimony" by Marsha Headley
(Also listen to her sermon on the subject.)
- A Children's Church Program for Lent by Julianne Nelson (pdf)
- Easter Sermon Outlines (pdf)
- Further Easter and Lent Resources